Janelle went to culinary school and graduated with her baking and pastry certificate, quickly realizing that everyday baking wasn’t for her. Soon an interest in recipe development, food photography, and food writing lead to the decision to start Bakes in slippers. Janelle’s approach to food is simple, not overly complicated, but always completely delicious. You don’t have to churn your own butter or grind your own spices to get amazing results (but hey that is always a good workout).
Each photograph and recipe tell a story, and have been tried out by a trusted team of taste testers. Bakes in slippers is not just about the pretty, but the mess ups that come along with way.
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 bottle Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Hot & Spicy
1 TBS cilantro, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped (I used a pepper blend, red/yellow/green)
1 small onion, chopped
3 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
Sour cream/salsa/guac make great additions
1. Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
2. Top with Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, cover and cook (4 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low).
3. Once cooked, shredded chicken in a medium size bowl.
4. Add cilantro, pepper and onion and mix well.
5. Turn a grill pan or stove safe pan on medium high heat.
6. Place handful of cheese on bottom of tortillas, add chicken mixture and add another handful of cheese.
7. Cook on both sides until brown and cheese is melted (about 2 mins each side).
8. Cut into squares and enjoy!